From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: Re: Plan, then communicate (no-list)
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 13:49:39
1 Wulf C. Krueger wrote:
2
3 > On Monday, 21. January 2008 19:19:12 Steve Long wrote:
4 >> And when 90% say they don't like the way they get treated by Gentoo
5 >> devs, there is a real issue.
6 >
7 > "The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with
8 > the average voter." - Winston Churchill
9 >
10 > s/voter/user/
11 >
12 Churchill also said democracy is the worst form of government: apart from
13 all the others.
14
15 He also questioned why anyone should worry about Arabs being gassed in
16 Mesopotamia, so maybe you can just speak for yourself; would you prefer to
17 live under Saddam, Amin or Hitler than a democratic government?
18
19 >> > That being said; talking to users who know what they are doing
20 >> > (doubly so when they know more than me) is a delight and I'm
21 >> > generally happy to take the time to respond. If there was some way
22 >> > to aggregate user complaints into concrete problem sets I'm all ears.
23 >> Votes. Require 75% majority from users if you want.
24 >
25 > No, most of those users do exactly that: They *use* what *we*, the Gentoo
26 > developers, provide. They can become developers easily enough and then
27 > they may vote all they want.
28 >
29 Yeah but antarus was asking about "aggregating user complaints into concrete
30 problem sets." How would you do that?
31
32 > And they can always vote with their feet - on their way out. Gentoo is
33 > about choice and one such choice can be to leave.
34 >
35 Yeah thanks for that contribution: really moved the debate forward. Don't
36 slam the door on your way out ;)
40 gentoo-project@l.g.o mailing list