From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] New developer : Thomas Anderson (gentoofan23)
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 21:43:42
1 (Yes, this is another of my now unfortunately famous late new-dev
2 announcements. I finished setting up Thomas a couple hours before
3 having to board a plane and have been hopping from one place to the
4 other with unreliable internet since then. I'm going to snorkel like
5 this for a few more weeks until I finally dive and resurface about
6 5400 nautic miles away. Please bear with me)
7
8 It's my pleasure to introduce Thomas Anderson (gentoofan23) as an
9 almost new Gentoo developer. As you may know, Thomas has already been
10 messing up with our tree for a few weeks now. His turf is mostly
11 amd64, sunrise and science. He his rather proficient in C, C++ and
12 bash.
13
14 You probably all know that I like thinking of my recruits as my kids.
15 But Thomas is definitely young enough to be my son. And since he is
16 such a nice kid I'm going to ask you guys to behave in his presence.
17 By the way there must be something in his genes because one of his
18 brothers is an Ubuntu developer.
19
20 Thomas enjoys cooking as well as playing the bass and the piano. He
21 recently picked up ping-pong but pretends he has yet to gain any real
22 skill. His main hobby however is breaking packages and, fortunately
23 for us, fixing them.
24
25 Please everybody, give a warm welcome to gentoofan23.
26
27 Denis.