From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council appointed leaders for QA and DevRel
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 16:32:07
On 2011.08.14 15:35, Petteri Räty wrote:
> On 14.08.2011 17:19, Roy Bamford wrote: > > > > What do you mean by control ? > >> > >> My proposal is: > >> > >> Devrel: 1 year term. Developers are nominated by others or they > can > >> self-nominated > > Why do devrel members need to be developers? > > Users with the correct skill set can do the job just as well, if > they > > are interested. > > > > And when the users start to do the job they would become developers > in the broader sense of the term (for example in many places on our > web > site Developer means anyone with email). > > Regards, > Petteri >
As I understand your reply, it would be possible for a suitably skilled user (no to become a member of devrel and for that user to become a staff member of Gentoo as a result of joining devrel. i.e. there in no requirement to hold a before getting actively involved in devrel. -- Regards, Roy Bamford (Neddyseagoon) a member of elections gentoo-ops forum-mods trustees

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-project] Council appointed leaders for QA and DevRel "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>