From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council appointed leaders for QA and DevRel
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 16:32:07
1 On 2011.08.14 15:35, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > On 14.08.2011 17:19, Roy Bamford wrote:
3 > >
4 > > What do you mean by control ?
5 > >>
6 > >> My proposal is:
7 > >>
8 > >> Devrel: 1 year term. Developers are nominated by others or they
9 > can
10 > >> self-nominated
11 > > Why do devrel members need to be developers?
12 > > Users with the correct skill set can do the job just as well, if
13 > they
14 > > are interested.
17 > And when the users start to do the job they would become developers
18 > in the broader sense of the term (for example in many places on our
19 > web
20 > site Developer means anyone with @gentoo.org email).
21 >
22 > Regards,
23 > Petteri
26 As I understand your reply, it would be possible for a suitably
27 skilled user (no @gentoo.org) to become a member of devrel and for that
28 user to become a staff member of Gentoo as a result of joining devrel.
29
30 i.e. there in no requirement to hold a @gentoo.org before getting
31 actively involved in devrel.
34 Regards,