From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2015-11-08
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 19:23:03
1 On Tue, 27 Oct 2015 20:11:37 +0100
2 hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
3 > It's still not clear to me how this is supposed to work at all. Are we
4 > expected to run eautoreconf unconditionally just in case a user will
5 > throw in a patch that alters the build system?
6
7 No, you can opt to run it only if user patches were applied.
8
9 > I definitely won't do that, because autoreconf is the source for a
10 > lot of problems and build failures.
11
12 Well perhaps you should fix them, rather than hoping the problems won't
13 be noticed.
16 Ciaran McCreesh