From: Allen Brooker <gmane@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: Improving developer/user communication
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:38:57
Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> Allen Brooker wrote: >> Could we create a very-low-traffic, developer-posts-only list that is >> used for announcing important package changes? The list could also be >> used for other announcements (not sure exactly what - events where >> Gentoo devs will be, regional meets, other things). If people feel that >> using the same list for other announcements too would create too much >> traffic, consider creating multiple lists, which would allow people to >> subscribe to only the types of messages that they want to see. > > Just made it at the same time as this one: gentoo-dev-announce. We're > still working out the policy. > > Thanks, > Donnie >
According to (and my impression from the name) that list appears to be for developer-targeted announcements. What I was thinking was something along the lines of some of the post-install messages (not all of them, just the important ones that might actually (appear to) break things - eg. glibc upgrade - "you can't downgrade"; gcc upgrade - "follow the guide here; coreutils upgrade - "some locations have changed - run 'hash -r' to clear the cache"; etc.) and other user-targeted messages to be sent to a list. Allen -- gentoo-project@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
[gentoo-project] Re: Improving developer/user communication Allen Brooker <gmane@××××××××××.uk>
[gentoo-project] Re: Improving developer/user communication Allen Brooker <gmane@××××××××××.uk>