From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] My Manifesto
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 21:03:16
1.  I believe the council should only be asked to make a decision on an
issue when the issue cannot be settled by the community itself. As it
has been said by others, the council should do what it can to stay out
of the way of innovations, which should come from the developers.

2. When the council is asked to make a decision, it should be fully
informed about both sides of the issue before it votes. On the other
hand, the council should not block progress by taking an extremely long
time to make a decision.

3. I believe we can learn from the past, and improve upon it. Continuing
to do things like we have in the past is not a bad thing in itself.
However, using what we have done in the past to block change can be. I
understand that people are used to doing things a certain way. However,
that alone is not justification for continuing to do things the same way
in the future. if we need to make a change, we should make sure that
change is backward compatible with what we have, or if this is not
possible, provides the smoothest possible transition for our users.
Since the council doesn't maintain all of the packages, the council is
not going to know the technical details of how to make either of these
happen, so I don't feel that the council should mandate specific