From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Evidence of idella4's damage to Gentoo, please
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 16:24:07
1 I have no interest in this matter either way. I am just curious and facts can
2 always help reinforce ones point of view.
3
4 On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 5:10:36 PM EST Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
5 > As such, I do think his
6 > presence is damaging to Gentoo. (And please note that I initially
7 > encouraged him to join us, and, as lead of the Python team at the
8 > time, spent significant time ironing out issues that arose from his
9 > attempts at contribution.)
10
11 Were these issues technical in nature? Lacking Q/A or adherence to Gentoo
12 packaging policies, etc. Likely could support your statement with a link or
13 two to reverted commits, fixes, bugs, etc.
14
15 > I respectfully but strongly disagree. Some people that are willing and
16 > able to help can in the end turn out to be negative contributors. It
17 > is imperative for our community that we can identify those people and
18 > minimize their impact on the distribution both socially and
19 > technically.
20
21 Again out of curiosity do you have any examples to share, like of negative
22 contributions.
23
24 I respect your opinion, given your past interactions helping to recruit. Some
25 links/facts can always help and make it less opinionated.
28 William L. Thomson Jr.