From: Vieri <rentorbuy@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-proxy-maint] submitting an ebuild patch -- for beginners
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2018 21:56:17
1 Hi,
2 I'm a beginner trying to use github properly in order to submit ebuild patches.
3 Suppose the official portage tree has an ebuild named category/package/package-1.0-r1.ebuild.This ebuild works fine, but lacks a feature that *some* users may find useful.So it's basically only an enhancement.
4 Now, I'd like submit this enhancement.Should I edit/modify category/package/package-1.0-r1.ebuild in my local git clone, and then commit the change so that only a diff/patch will be in the pull request?Or, should I create a new file, eg. category/package/package-1.0-r2.ebuild in my local repository, and commit that instead?
5 Thanks,
6 Vieri