From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Dwosky <dwosky@××××××××××.com>, "gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o" <gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-proxy-maint] Question regarding a conflicting PR
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 16:33:38
1 On Sun, 2019-03-31 at 12:05 +0000, Dwosky wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > Last year I opened a PR to update zziplib to version 0.13.69 (https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/10627). While my PR was being reviewed it seems another user merged its PR so mine conflicted with it. I haven't received any feedback in a while, so I was wondering what would the best approach be, if just to close the PR or something else?
7 I'm sorry that this happened. However, we're not formally organized to
8 the point of blocking others from working on things in parallel.
9
10 Yes, closing the old PR seems to be a correct course of action. If you
11 think there's value you could add (i.e. improve the ebuild), please open
12 a new PR specifically focusing on improvements you'd like to make.
15 Best regards,
16 Michał Górny