From: NP-Hardass <NP-Hardass@g.o>
To: k_f@g.o, Wes Cilldhaire <wes@××××××××.au>
Cc: gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o, "proxy-maint@g.o" <proxy-maint@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-proxy-maint] Proxy Maintainers lead election: Call for nomination
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 22:02:51
1 On 07/15/2016 04:32 AM, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
2 > On 07/14/2016 04:43 AM, Wes Cilldhaire wrote:
3 >> Holding an election and reminding other nominees that there's only
4 >> 1's accepted so far does not preclude the 'no lead' option, I think
5 >> you might be jumping the gun slightly NP.
6 >
7 > Irrespective of that , I won't continue facilitating this election given
8 > the level of debate. If the proxy maint project wants to violate GLEP 39
9 > it is up to the project
12 You posted clarification from the council that shows that the council
13 ruled on the matter that the council will not force a project to have or
14 not have a leader. It's up to what works for the project. Now, as a
15 result, not having a leader is a valid and compliant choice for this
16 project. You are entitled to want a lead, and as part of the
17 "manifesto" period, you can argue that we are better off with a lead
18 than not. But a "no lead" option, as per your submitted evidence, is
19 A-OK from the council's standpoint.
22 NP-Hardass