From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-proxy-maint <gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-proxy-maint] Pull requests on GitHub
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 09:26:55
1 Hi, everyone.
2
3 As you probably know already, we had a breach of Gentoo GitHub
4 organization followed by acts of vandalism. One of them involved
5 closing a large number of open pull requests. I've also heard reports
6 of vulgar comments being left.
7
8 We're currently working with GitHub support to restore the services to
9 previous state. Hopefully they'll be able to revert the changes without
10 requiring you to do anything. I'm sorry for the trouble and thank you
11 for your patience.
12
13 Updates regarding the incident are posted at [1]. I will also post to
14 this list with updates specifically regarding pull requests.
15
16 In the meantime, proxy-maint team members will try to process updates
17 sent via other venues, such as this mailing list [2]. At the same time,
18 I'd like to note that those venues do not have CI coverage, so we'd
19 prefer if that was restricted to urgent updates only. We'll restore
20 pull requests as soon as possible.
21
22 [1]:https://infra-status.gentoo.org/notice/20180629-github
23 [2]:https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Proxy_Maintainers/User_Guide#How_to_submit_package_updates