From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-proxy-maint <gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-proxy-maint] Developers, please try to finish what you've started reviewing
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2018 22:06:48
1 Hi, everyone.
2
3 TL;DR: If you start reviewing some package, please reply to feedback
4 and continue reviewing till it's merged.
7 I've noticed that many pull requests get stuck after first review round.
8 Many of the posters address the review comments in 1-2 days and then
9 wait very long time for the next review. This makes it really hard to
10 get things done, as increasing delays often render PRs outdated,
11 and other developers may skip pull request with explicit 'changes
12 requested' note.
13
14 So, developers: please try to be more focused on doing PR work
15 from beginning to end. Don't review broadly. Choose a few PRs, comment
16 on them and wait for feedback. Preferably assign yourself whenever
17 you're doing something, so that we know to skip it.
18
19 If the user responds to feedback and/or updates commits, please make
20 sure to react appropriately. Review again. If he skipped something
21 without explanation, ask him about it. *If you can't find time to review
22 again, please discard your previous review [can you do that?], so that
23 others see that they need to step in.*
24
25 While ideally we would have 2 or 3 pairs of eyes on every pull request,
26 right now we can't afford that. Instead, getting one focused pair
27 of eyes that establishes direct 1:1 relation with the proxied
28 maintainer, and processes his pull requests with delays <24h between
29 each review round would be really helpful.
30
31 Thanks for all your work.
34 Best regards,
35 Michał Górny