From: "Haelwenn (lanodan) Monnier" <contact@×××××××××.me>
To: gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-proxy-maint] Has there been any conversation about ~usercontrib keyword?
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 16:27:07
1 [2019-06-13 07:27:46-0400] Philippe Chaintreuil:
2 > I know GURU is out there for new packages, but has there been any
3 > conversation about adding a ~usercontrib keyword to portage that would
4 > get version bumps in sooner for existing packages? Especially if such
5 > ebuilds were regulated to a separate overlay with a mechanism similar to
6 > the proposed GURU mechanism?
7
8 This makes little sense to do when GURU exists… and the keyword should
9 IMHO be into metadata.xml.
10 And so, you get the same as proxy-maint@, right?
11
12 If this is about the lack of workforce for merging proxy-maint PRs
13 then maybe it should by moving stuff to GURU as it's not on the same
14 QA level and model? Specially as I don't think we should lower the QA
15 level of the gentoo tree.