From: Ralph Seichter <abbot@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-proxy-maint] Proxy-maint situation and future
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2019 15:17:22
1 * Michał Górny:
2
3 > Do you have any specific ideas on how we could improve the situation?
4
5 I know too little about all the steps required on the developer side
6 when adding a new package, even though I have authored some new packages
7
8 However, to free up developer capacity, it seems to me that giving the
9 volunteer contributors more responsibility for simple changes like
10 version bumps should help. It should be possible to automatically
11 determine if the previous ebuild was simply copied, which is what I do
12 when version bumping, and remains otherwise unchanged.
13
14 You already mentioned your GURU idea. Having a gitolite-backed
15 repository where volunteers can commit simple changes if they are listed
16 as maintainers in metadata.xml, and having these changes integrated by
17 some automatism, might help, even if it does not address brand new
18 packages.
19
20 -Ralph