From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-proxy-maint <gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o>
Cc: proxy-maint <proxy-maint@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-proxy-maint] Reestablishing state of Bugzilla submissions
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2018 19:50:19
1 Hi,
2
3 So last time I wrote about this, we had a short surge in Bugzilla
4 processing activity. However, it was really short and we've got
5 noticeable backlog there again. Therefore, once again I'd like to
6 propose to officially kill proxy-maint support for submitting stuff
7 via Bugzilla, and limit submissions to GitHub pull requests and mailing
8 list patches (with strong preference to the former).
9
10 The arguments remain the same: git (+ GitHub) is easier to use, easier
11 to manage and has extra support tooling (assignment/verification bots,
12 CI). Bugzilla doesn't have any of that. What we get instead, is 915
13 bugs with proxy-maint@ in CC, hardly with any ability to distinguish
14 submissions, unanswered bugs and random bugs where people CC proxy-
15 maint@ for the fun of it.
16
17 Given our current ability to process, I tend to answer pull requests
18 that are 8-10 days old. If I were to address Bugzilla requests after
19 pull requests, this means I'll never even get to it. Simple as that.
20
21 If someone wants to 'save' Bugzilla again, I'd really appreciate if that
22 were backed by actual willingness to do the work long-term, and not just
23 do it once to prove the point and leave us with another load of old bugs
24 afterwards.
27 Best regards,
28 Michał Górny