From: Vieri <rentorbuy@×××××.com>
To: Ralph Seichter <abbot@×××××××××××.net>, gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o, "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-proxy-maint] Pull request for dev-python/pymilter open for two months
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 10:08:31
1 With all due respect, I don't understand...
2
3 You're stating that no new packages will be merged. So what's this?
4 https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/games-action/apotheon
5
6 I'm happy for the pymilter PR getting merged:
7 https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/dev-python/pymilter
8
9 However, I really don't understand how an action game can make it into portage given there's little manpower, but a server-grade package already within portage cannot be updated:
10
11 https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/11833
12
13 I'm not saying that action games are not worthwhile, nor do I want to discredit anyone or sound like a cry-baby, but don't you think there are packages that are far more important as they should be used by far more organizations (mimedefang, c-icap, squidclamav just to name a few)?
14
15 Vieri