From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-proxy-maint <gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o>
Cc: proxy-maint <proxy-maint@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-proxy-maint] New copyright policy and proxy-maint
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2018 16:10:03
1 Hiya, everyone.
2
3 Since the new copyright policy [1] has been approved, I'd like to start
4 enforcing it for new proxy-maint contributions ASAP. While it's not
5 enforced on ::gentoo yet, we tend to have some noticeable delay
6 in merging stuff, so I'd like to avoid suddenly realizing in N days that
7 we can't merge contributions submitted tomorrow because they haven't
8 followed the new policy yet.
9
10 At the same time, I think we should merge prior contributions as-is if
11 we manage to do it before the policy is actually enforced for
12 developers. Nevertheless, if proxied maintainers feel like it, updating
13 old PRs to follow the policy is also a nice idea.
14
15 I've updated our guide to indicate the most important points
16 of the policy (others, please review and confirm I got it right!) [2].
17 I'll be updating Larry to verify sign-offs soonish.
18
19 Developers, please remember to append your sign-off to the submitter's
20 sign-off when you merge stuff!
21
22 [1]:https://www.gentoo.org/glep/glep-0076.html
23 [2]:https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Proxy_Maintainers/User_Guide#Copyright