From: P Levine <plevine457@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-proxy-maint] The state of dev-db/clickhouse?
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2020 04:15:29
1 On Sun, Jul 5, 2020 at 2:36 AM Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o> wrote:
4 > On 6/12/20 1:00 AM, P Levine wrote:
5 >
6 > I maintain dev-cpp/gtest. It is my intention to update it soon and I
7 > would like to clean out some older versions from the Gentoo tree.
8 > Unfortunately, dev-db/clickhouse-19.13.1.11-r3
9 > and dev-db/clickhouse-19.15.2.2 depend on =dev-cpp/gtest-8*.
10 >
11 > It appears dev-db/clickhouse was last-rited, removed, then unremoved due
12 > to a potential new maintainer. It is still hard-masked and listed as
13 > unmaintained.
14 >
15 > Though I don't use the package and have no desire to maintain it, if it is
16 > still useful, necessary, and otherwise maintained, I wouldn't mind updating
17 > its gtest dependency (its bundled version is gtest-8 but there's nothing
18 > that would suggest it wouldn't build against, and test, with another
19 > version) and fixing some bugs along the way.
20 >
21 > But I would prefer not wasting time trying to revive a cadaver. If it is
22 > still to be removed, when should I expect its removal? The 30-day
23 > list-rites notice is from 2019-12-08.
24 >
25 > Hey,
26 >
27 > it seems gone now, for good.
28 >
29 > -- juippis
30 >
31 Yep, thanks.
32
33 When anyone gets the time to merge, dev-cpp/gtest updates #16556
34 <https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/16556>