From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>, gentoo-proxy-maint <gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-proxy-maint] [RFC] New doc & policy
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 15:02:57
1 On czw, 2017-07-20 at 10:33 +0200, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
2 > Thanks for doing this work Michał,
3 >
4 > On 07/20/2017 10:02 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
5 > > Please note that we reserve the right to reject new packages, especially
6 > > if they would otherwise qualify for removal per our quality standards:
7 >
8 > Should we add something about the usefulness of packages for other
9 > users? As stated earlier, by being in main tree (and in particular part
10 > of stable set) there is support form other projects, any new package
11 > addition adds overhead.
12
13 I was thinking about that but I couldn't figure out a sane way to word
14 it. After all, I don't want to sound like we will judge every submission
15 for its usefulness to Gentoo users. And I certainly don't want to sound
16 like we're going to reject packages if e.g. they apply only to some rare
17 hardware.
18
19 I agree with your point but I'm just not sure if we should explicitly
20 mention it. After all, it still falls into 'rejecting at our own
21 discretion'.
22