From: Vieri <rentorbuy@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o, "Corentin “Nado” Pazdera" <nado@××××××××××.be>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-proxy-maint] local branch gone
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 14:11:54
1 On Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 12:33:48 PM GMT+1, Corentin “Nado” Pazdera <nado@××××××××××.be> wrote:
2 >
3 >> $ git checkout -b CATEGORY/PACKAGE master
4 >> $ repoman manifest
5 >> $ git add file1 file2 file3...
6 >> $ repoman -dx full
7 >> $ repoman -dx commit
8 >> $ git push --no-signed github CATEGORY/PACKAGE
9 > Why --no-signed?
10
11 Otherwise I get: "fatal: the receiving end does not support --signed push"
12
13 > I think you're looking for git rebase, there are tons of examples so I'll leave that to you, and simply put, that allows you to mess with history, which is useful to resync your work on top of the master branch.
14 > git pull --rebase specifically helps for that last case.
15
16 I forgot to mention that I previously set:
17
18 $ git config --local pull.ff only
19 $ git config --local pull.rebase preserve
20 $ git config --local push.default simple
21
22 Isn't "pull.rebase preserve" enough?
25 Vieri