From: P Levine <plevine457@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-proxy-maint] The state of dev-db/clickhouse?
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 22:01:32
1 I maintain dev-cpp/gtest. It is my intention to update it soon and I would
2 like to clean out some older versions from the Gentoo tree.
3 Unfortunately, dev-db/clickhouse-19.13.1.11-r3
4 and dev-db/clickhouse-19.15.2.2 depend on =dev-cpp/gtest-8*.
5
6 It appears dev-db/clickhouse was last-rited, removed, then unremoved due to
7 a potential new maintainer. It is still hard-masked and listed as
8 unmaintained.
9
10 Though I don't use the package and have no desire to maintain it, if it is
11 still useful, necessary, and otherwise maintained, I wouldn't mind updating
12 its gtest dependency (its bundled version is gtest-8 but there's nothing
13 that would suggest it wouldn't build against, and test, with another
14 version) and fixing some bugs along the way.
15
16 But I would prefer not wasting time trying to revive a cadaver. If it is
17 still to be removed, when should I expect its removal? The 30-day
18 list-rites notice is from 2019-12-08.