From: Sarah White <kuzetsa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-proxy-maint] Reestablishing state of Bugzilla submissions
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 23:38:19
1 On 09/29/2018 03:49 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Hi,
5 [...]
6
7 > noticeable backlog there again. Therefore, once again I'd like to
8 > propose to officially kill proxy-maint support for submitting stuff
9 > via Bugzilla, and limit submissions to GitHub pull requests and mailing
10
11 [...]
12
13 > CI). Bugzilla doesn't have any of that. What we get instead, is 915
14 > bugs with proxy-maint@ in CC, hardly with any ability to distinguish
15 > submissions, unanswered bugs and random bugs where people CC proxy-
16 > maint@ for the fun of it.
17 >
18 > Given our current ability to process, I tend to answer pull requests
19 > that are 8-10 days old. If I were to address Bugzilla requests after
20 > pull requests, this means I'll never even get to it. Simple as that.
21
22 the github integration (larry the cow, AKA gentoo-bot) currently is
23 currently recommending bugzilla interaction:
24
25 ["If you do not receive any reply to this pull request,
26 please open or link a bug to attract the attention of
27 maintainers."]
28
29 this likely increases the backlog
30