From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: tastytea <tastytea+gentoo@××××××××.de>, gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2020 12:30:34
1 On Tue, 2020-06-09 at 13:37 +0200, tastytea wrote:
2 > On 2020-06-09 09:10+0300 Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 > > […]
5 > > I believe similar accusations can be found for every corporation. If
6 > > you dig deep enough, doubt there are truly clean slates for any major
7 > > IT actor. Judging by the links, at least Github seems to drive for
8 > > better equality.
9 > > "GitHub is a better place now."
10 >
11 > Every other corporation is happily taking money from fascist
12 > organizations? I doubt that.
13 > The obvious and most sustainable solution is to self-host, which is
14 > being discussed¹ on gentoo-dev right now by the way.
17 There's a long way from 'being discussed' and a working solution. Infra
18 hasn't managed to get a working solution for years, and now instead of
19 deploying GitLab like every other successful projects they're trying
20 hard to prove that some random half-maintained package will do better.
21
22 Please don't forget that even if we get a good solution deployed, it
23 will require someone to do all the work to port our scripts from GitHub
24 API to whatever deployed solution's API. And that's only assuming it
25 will have good enough API.
28 Best regards,
29 Michał Górny