From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-proxy-maint <gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-proxy-maint] Apology about the delay on restoring GitHub
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2018 20:25:37
1 Hello, proxied maintainers.
2
3 I'm really sorry about the prolonged delay in restoring GitHub services.
4 I'm afraid that the current ETA is around Tuesday-Wednesday, depending
5 on the time it takes for GitHub support to finish getting logs for
6 possibly edited or removed pull request comments, and how many other
7 games Infra decides to play.
8
9 That said, I am ashamed of the way this incident is being handled. It's
10 really sad that people who do not have the best interest of Gentoo's
11 GitHub presence at heart -- the same people whose thoughtlessness has
12 directly resulted in this breach -- have suddenly unilaterally decided
13 to lead its recovery. It's really saddening to hear statements such as
14 that it's not important to recover it quickly because it's not
15 'official' or that this is a good opportunity to force people to move
16 away from GitHub.
17
18 Nevertheless, I hope we can resume the support via this channel soonish,
19 as well as restore the CI service. Thanks for your patience and once
20 again, I am sorry that recovery from a childish act of vandalism takes
21 Gentoo this long.
24 Best regards,
25 Michał Górny