From: Sarah White <kuzetsa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-proxy-maint] Repoman: Need user access
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 13:56:37
1 On 12/12/18 8:32 AM, Joonas Niilola wrote:
2 >
3 > On 12/12/18 10:42 AM, Vieri wrote:
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> I'm unable to understand why repoman complains about "user access". I
7 >> am runing it as non-root, but I don't know why it can't fetch
8 >> metadata.xsd.
11 >> Repoman: Need user access
12 >>
13 >> I have a gentoo git clone in my user's home dir, a custom overlay, and
14 >> the main protage tree. No metadat.xsd file to be found anywhere except:
15 >>
16 >> # find /usr/portage/ -name "metadata.xsd"
17 >> /usr/portage/distfiles/metadata.xsd
18 >> /usr/portage/metadata/xml-schema/metadata.xsd
19 >>
20 >> I don't know what this file is for, but I wish repoman could be a bit
21 >> more verbose.
25 > Make sure your user is in 'portage' group, and make sure your portage
26 > group has write access to your portage's DISTDIR. Looks to me like
27 > something isn't set up correctly.
30 > repoman uses your global make.conf for few things, not sure if you can
31 > make user-defined settings.
36 This is the correct workaround. The problem goes away any time I've
37 experienced it by making sure my non-root user is member of the portage
38 user group, and verifying permissions on DISTDIR (typically
39 /usr/portage/distfiles) - the most I've ever had to do was re-log or
40 reboot after checking those settings.
41
42 Good luck