From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: Amy Winston <amynka@g.o>, gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-proxy-maint] [RFC] Avoid spam
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2016 18:31:18
1 On 06/19/2016 08:28 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Sun, 19 Jun 2016 19:43:45 +0200
3 > Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> On 06/19/2016 07:38 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
6 >>> I understand that the maintainer bugs are supposed to be much like
7 >>> developer bugs. However, I would like to point out that developer bugs
8 >>> are mostly supposed to handle two big deals -- recruitment
9 >>> and retirement, while maintainer bugs look like they are supposed to
10 >>> track every move of the proxied maintainer.
11 >>>
12 >>> To find packages maintained by a maintainer we can look metadata.xml
13 >>> files up. To find changes we can look git up / archives / specific
14 >>> bugs. Why do we need all the extra structure, except for the common
15 >>> idea of 'it looks more pro'?
16 >>
17 >> There are also cases of maintainers changing email addresses in
18 >> bugzilla, making the metadata entry erroneous. For gentoo developers we
19 >> have centralized records in ldap, for proxied maintainers we need to
20 >> replicate some structure in bugzilla. In particular since proxied
21 >> maintainers are otherwise spread out and unstructured, we need to
22 >> enforce the structure in the project.
23 >
24 > Keeping track of e-mail changes is a matter of one bug, with one
25 > comment for each e-mail change. Not 20 bugs with 80 bugspam links.
28 Yeah, I mostly care about the maintainer bugs, although do believe the
29 appropriate way for a user to approach the proxy maint project is a
30 package maintenance request. If we're talking about backfilling for
31 active maintainers and packages I'm starting to agree that it isn't
32 necessary. But just filing e.g a github pull request isn't an official
33 channel.
36 Kristian Fiskerstrand
37 OpenPGP certificate reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
38 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3