From: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
To: gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-proxy-maint] dev-db/influxdb: Version bump to 1.8.10
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2022 12:44:05
1 On 14.10.2022 13.21, Dwosky wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > Got a PR and Bug open since quite some time ago, but it seems I can't
5 > get a hold of the current maintainer of the dev-db/influxdb package in
6 > order to get this at least updated to latest minor release. What's the
7 > best way to proceed in this case?
8 >
9 > PR: https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/25224
10 > <https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/25224>
11 >
12 > Kind regards,
13 > Pedro
14
15 We can definitely help in this case. Prerequisites are that there's a
16 bug open and the package doesn't belong to base-system or toolchain
17 projects. And I'd personally also throw it's not a critical one, even
18 outside those projects. Then we can claim "maintainer timeout" and
19 handle it. You can of course e-mail the package assignee directly, or
20 ping them in IRC before that.
21
22 The problem, even with this, is that no one gets a notification from the
23 PR. The proxy-maint project doesn't get notifications for packages that
24 don't belong to us - so we haven't seen such a PR even exists, unless
25 browsing Github directly. That being said, it doesn't look like this
26 package is getting much attention and if you use it, I'm sure the
27 current maintainer wouldn't mind you jumping along with proxy-maint
28 project to handle it better. Thanks!
29
30 -- juippis

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature