From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Sarah White <kuzetsa@×××××.com>, gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-proxy-maint] Reestablishing state of Bugzilla submissions
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2018 07:15:09
1 On Sun, 2018-09-30 at 19:38 -0400, Sarah White wrote:
2 > On 09/29/2018 03:49 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
3 > > Hi,
6 > [...]
7 >
8 > > noticeable backlog there again. Therefore, once again I'd like to
9 > > propose to officially kill proxy-maint support for submitting stuff
10 > > via Bugzilla, and limit submissions to GitHub pull requests and mailing
11 >
12 > [...]
13 >
14 > > CI). Bugzilla doesn't have any of that. What we get instead, is 915
15 > > bugs with proxy-maint@ in CC, hardly with any ability to distinguish
16 > > submissions, unanswered bugs and random bugs where people CC proxy-
17 > > maint@ for the fun of it.
18 > >
19 > > Given our current ability to process, I tend to answer pull requests
20 > > that are 8-10 days old. If I were to address Bugzilla requests after
21 > > pull requests, this means I'll never even get to it. Simple as that.
22 >
23 > the github integration (larry the cow, AKA gentoo-bot) currently is
24 > currently recommending bugzilla interaction:
25 >
26 > ["If you do not receive any reply to this pull request,
27 > please open or link a bug to attract the attention of
28 > maintainers."]
29 >
30 > this likely increases the backlog
33 This suggestion is not (or at least wasn't supposed to be) given
34 on proxy-maintained packages.
37 Best regards,
38 Michał Górny