From: Peter <dwosky@××××.com>
To: gentoo-proxy-maint <gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-proxy-maint] Looking for guidance
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 20:24:40
1 Hello,
2
3 I'm looking for some guidance on what package to help with, since the number of packages in need of a maintainer its kinda overwhelming. I would like to start with something simple in order to learn the ropes without being overwelmed by a big ebuild for example. I have my eyes on net-misc/wput bump (https://bugs.gentoo.org/647848), which doesn't seem much complicated, but I'm not sure if this is a good choice or if I should start in any other instead.
4
5 Also I believe the thing needed its to do a PR on Gentoo's repository with the change needed, right? Do I need also to update the metadata.xml file or its that done by the Team in a later phase?
6
7 Cheers,
8 Peter.