From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-python@l.g.o, python@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] distutils-r1, setuptools and egg_info mess
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 21:17:00
1 Dnia 2013-08-16, o godz. 22:11:58
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > We've kinda hit a brick wall with distutils-r1. TLDR; the core issue
5 > is that some packages using setuptools may not install some files
6 > (package data files) when using distutils-r1. Therefore, I'm asking you
7 > to pay special attention to whether all files are installed when
8 > migrating packages and defer switching to distutils-r1 if you notice
9 > some missing files. We're working on fixing the issue but it's just
10 > hard.
11
12 The fix has been committed to the eclass and now transition can be
13 resumed without worries. Well, assuming it works fine :).
16 Best regards,
17 Michał Górny