From: Patrick McLean <chutzpah@g.o>
To: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
Cc: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>, gentoo-python <gentoo-python@l.g.o>, python <python@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] Help needed with adding tests to Python packages
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 21:54:03
1 On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 15:35:47 -0400
2 Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 3:06 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o>
5 > wrote:
6 > > Even partially failing tests are better than none.
7 >
8 > While I personally agree with this, arch testers tend to give us a
9 > hard time if the tests are failing when they process a keyword or
10 > stable request.
11
12 Usually if there are tests that fail for reasons other than packaging
13 (like requirements on other distro stuff (I have encountered tests that
14 run 'apt-get' or 'yum') or running daemons), I try to patch them
15 out rather than have failing tests that can't reasonably be fixed. I
16 will also try to fix buggy tests, if it can be done with reasonable
17 effort.