From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-python <gentoo-python@l.g.o>
Cc: Gentoo Python Project <python@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-python] git repo for python patchsets
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 15:23:24
1 Just wanted to let everyone know that I have started a git repo for
2 the patchsets that we apply in dev-lang/python.
3
4 Right now it lives in my bitbucket account:
5
6 https://bitbucket.org/floppym/python-gentoo-patches
7
8 I plan have one branch for each Python release (like 2.7.6, 3.3.5, etc).
9 Each time I cut a new patch tarball, I create a tag on that branch
10 (like 2.7.6-0, 2.6.9-1, etc).
11
12 I plan to request a repo on g.o.g.o once I have some additional
13 versions loaded. There are some pending version bumps (3.3.5 and
14 3.4.0), which is an excellent opportunity for me to bring those
15 patches into the repository.
16
17 Does this seem ok to everyone?