From: Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o>
To: gentoo-python@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] Python 3 in Gentoo
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 12:21:22
1 Mike Gilbert schrieb:
2 > On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 3:38 PM, Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o> wrote:
3 >> On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 9:07 PM, Richard Yao <ryao@g.o> wrote:
4 >>>> Does this seem like a viable option? Is anyone going to volunteer to
5 >>>> take it from here?
6 >>>
7 >>> I can try to make time to make these changes this weekend if everyone is
8 >>> fine with that.
9 >>
10 >> I think we should inform gentoo-dev first.
13 > Just in case someone is waiting for me to take some further actions on
14 > this, please don't wait on me. I really don't have the motivation to
15 > carry this plan any further.
16 >
17 > If someone else wants to carry the torch, I am happy to assist.
21 Just to get the right summary:
22
23 The plan is now to replace all dependencies in ebuilds, which have
24 either "dev-lang/python" or something like ">=dev-lang/python-X.Y" to
25 use "virtual/python" instead?
26
27 What about versioned dependencies exluding python versions still in the
28 main tree like ">=dev-lang/python-2.7"?
32 Thomas Sachau
33 Gentoo Linux Developer