From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-python@l.g.o
Cc: python@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-python] A virtual for argparse module
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 22:06:53
1 Hi,
2
3 The argparse module is bundled with some Python implementations,
4 and some other require it being installed via dev-python/argparse. To
5 simplify handling that from ebuilds, I hereby suggest introducing
6 virtual/python-argparse -- a package based on PYTHON_TARGETS which
7 would simply install (or not) the actual argparse module as necessary.
8
9 I am attaching a simple implementation of that, using python-r1. It
10 simply requests (as a RDEP) the appropriate Python version (thus
11 requesting the module for implementations having it built-in)
12 and the dev-python/argparse package for the implementations missing it.
13
14 You can also note that the PYTHON_COMPAT misses pypy -- it's because I
15 simply have no idea whether they bundle it ;). Feel free to correct
16 that.
17
18 What are you thoughts?
21 Best regards,