From: Richard Yao <ryao@g.o>
To: gentoo-python@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] Python 3 in Gentoo
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 19:10:26
1 On 08/08/2012 05:07 PM, Mike Gilbert wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
3 >> On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
4 >>>> So do you know how many ebuilds we'd have to update to get it right?
5 >>>>
6 >>>
7 >>> At the moment, no. If someone could help me write a script to identify
8 >>> affected packages, that would be great.
9 >>>
10 >>> If said script uses the portage api to determine the dependency tree,
11 >>> we will want to modify python.eclass first to reduce the number of
12 >>> hits. This could be done in a local copy of the tree.
13 >>
14 >> I've created a quick little script and posted it in my devspace. Now I
15 >> just need to mess with python.eclass.
16 >>
17 >> http://dev.gentoo.org/~floppym/python-deps.py
18 >
19 > After modifying python.eclass, distutils.eclass, java-ant-2.eclass,
20 > and waf-utils.eclass, there are 532 dependencies that would need to be
21 > modified to make the || dep plan work. I have attached the list for
22 > reference.
23 >
24 > Does this seem like a viable option? Is anyone going to volunteer to
25 > take it from here?
26
27 I can try to make time to make these changes this weekend if everyone is
28 fine with that.