From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-python <gentoo-python@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] Python 3 in Gentoo
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 21:07:28
1 On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
3 >>> So do you know how many ebuilds we'd have to update to get it right?
4 >>>
5 >>
6 >> At the moment, no. If someone could help me write a script to identify
7 >> affected packages, that would be great.
8 >>
9 >> If said script uses the portage api to determine the dependency tree,
10 >> we will want to modify python.eclass first to reduce the number of
11 >> hits. This could be done in a local copy of the tree.
12 >
13 > I've created a quick little script and posted it in my devspace. Now I
14 > just need to mess with python.eclass.
15 >
16 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~floppym/python-deps.py
17
18 After modifying python.eclass, distutils.eclass, java-ant-2.eclass,
19 and waf-utils.eclass, there are 532 dependencies that would need to be
20 modified to make the || dep plan work. I have attached the list for
21 reference.
22
23 Does this seem like a viable option? Is anyone going to volunteer to
24 take it from here?

python-deps.txt text/plain