From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-python <gentoo-python@l.g.o>
Cc: Gentoo Python Project <python@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-python] Re: Supporting non-UTF-8 locales
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 15:20:49
1 On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 3:23 AM, Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan@×××××××.nl> wrote:
2 > On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 7:48 PM, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
3 >> My vote would be to not support non-UTF-8 locales -- it just isn't
4 >> worth the effort.
5 >>
6 >> Thoughts?
7 >
8 > I agree, though I think there are some people in the wider Gentoo
9 > project who will thoroughly dislike that. And perhaps we should bring
10 > up the issue of changing the default locale on gentoo-dev, again?
13 I think the only way that is going to happen is if a "senior" dev just
14 goes ahead and does it. Or if the council actually makes a hard
15 decision for once.
16
17 I would prefer not to start another gentoo-dev thread, but I will
18 leave a +1 if anyone else wants to do so.