From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-python <gentoo-python@l.g.o>
Cc: Gentoo Python Project <python@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] Re: The future of parallel phases?
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 18:02:33
1 On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 6:02 PM, Rafael Goncalves Martins
2 <rafaelmartins@g.o> wrote:
3 > On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 8:54 PM, Alex Brandt <alunduil@g.o> wrote:
4 >> On Saturday, November 22, 2014 23:06:29 Michał Górny wrote:
5 >>> Hello, Python team and other nice people.
6 >>>
7 >>> I'd like to discuss the topic of parallel runs again. While it
8 >> sounded
9 >>> like a good idea at first, I have my doubts now. I'll try to
10 >> shortly
11 >>> describe the implementation, then recollect the advantages
12 >>> and disadvantages of it.
13 >>>
14 >>> What are your thoughts?
15 >>
16 >> Based on your excellent set of points (dropped for length) I'd
17 >> vote for dropping the parallel phases and making things work as
18 >> expected rather than faster.
21 > +1
22 >
23 > I agree with dropping parallel phases.
26 It was an interesting experiment, but I agree that we should aim to
27 simplify things here. As a developer, I usually find my self disabling
28 it when trying to reproduce bugs anyway.