From: Nikolaj Sjujskij <sterkrig@×××××××.com>
To: Krzysztof Pawlik <nelchael@g.o>
Cc: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>, gentoo-python <gentoo-python@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] python-distutils.eclass vs. python.eclass + distutils.eclass
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 10:36:50
1 Den 2012-05-26 22:28:11 skrev Krzysztof Pawlik <nelchael@g.o>:
2
3 >>>> Just yesterday I had www-servers/uwsgi recompiled because of changed
4 >>>> RUBY_TARGETS. And I even have no Ruby installed.
5 >>>
6 >>> I suggest you report a bug against portage and/or PMS.
7 >> Excuse me, but I really fail to see how this could be their fault.
8 >
9 > Yes, you do. Let me explain: there was a thread some time ago about
10 > portage rebuilding package when new USE flag is introduced in ebuild
11 > that does not change enabled USE set, that's how it's related.
12 All right, I get your point. But I wouldn't consider it a bug, rather a
13 not-so-good implementation.
14 In any case, it's what we have to deal for now and while Portage behaves
15 this way.