From: Alex Brandt <alunduil@g.o>
To: gentoo-python@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-python] Testing Python Packages
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 22:46:59
1 Hey Everyone,
2
3 I've been tinkering with an ebuild testing framework but want to
4 know if I'm actually solving a problem or just creating a
5 nuisance.
6
7 I thought I'd start with the Python group before asking in
8 general but I've been wondering what keeps people from running
9 test suites on ebuilds before they commit ebuilds to the tree?
10 I'm only asking out of curiosity and don't want to start any
11 discussion about what should or should not be done. I want to
12 know about what things actually block work on tasks like tests
13 that might be forgotten.
14
15 Any feedback about why people in particular do or do not run
16 test suites would be greatly appreciated.
17
18 Thanks,
21 Alex Brandt
22 Cloud Evangelist for Rackspace and Developer for Gentoo
23 http://blog.alunduil.com