From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-python@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-python] Patches to drop support for python-exec:0
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 22:54:13
1 Hello,
2
3 pykde4 is the last package in the tree using python-exec:0, and a new
4 version supporting :2 is being stabilized right now. For this reason, I
5 think we should start preparing ourselves to remove python-exec:0. I'm
6 thinking of 30-day p.mask followed by eclass update.
7
8 I'm attaching a patch for review. The patch removes bi-python-exec
9 support in favor of supporting only :2. Specifically:
10
11 1. ebuilds forcing python-exec:0 via the internal variable call 'die'
12 now,
13
14 2. PYTHON_DEPS is updated to require >=python-exec-2:=. This way we
15 still provide support for potential python-exec-3 while requiring at
16 least 2 ;).
17
18 3. all conditionals are inlined to support only :2, also some code has
19 been simplified.
20
21 Please review and possibly test. I haven't tested it yet but
22 there's still some time before the patch can be committed ;).
25 Best regards,
26 Michał Górny

remove-python-exec-0.diff text/x-patch