From: Nikolaj Sjujskij <sterkrig@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-python@l.g.o
Cc: Krzysztof Pawlik <nelchael@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] New eclass for Python
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 09:19:16
Den 2012-02-29 01:13:36 skrev Krzysztof Pawlik <nelchael@g.o>:

> Hello, > > After some work during weekend on Python packages I've decided to start a > rewrite of Python/distutils eclass for installing Python packages. > ... > Highlights: > ... > - uses PYTHON_TARGETS use-expand (no more python-updater, whoooo!)
Hm... Does it require users to maintain correct PYTHON_TARGETS in make.conf? No default/fallback value? app-admin/eclean-kernel has just switched to new eclass and... !!! The ebuild selected to satisfy "app-admin/eclean-kernel" has unmet requirements. - app-admin/eclean-kernel-0.3::gentoo USE="(multilib)" PYTHON_TARGETS="-python2_6 -python2_7" The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied: any-of ( python_targets_python2_6 python_targets_python2_7 ) It's not big deal, of course, but kind of annoying after so many years of automatic "build for current Python version unless USE_PYTHON is set".

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-python] New eclass for Python Krzysztof Pawlik <nelchael@g.o>