From: Krzysztof Pawlik <nelchael@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>, Maxim Koltsov <maksbotan@g.o>, gentoo-python@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] python-distutils.eclass vs. python.eclass + distutils.eclass
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 18:31:19
1 On 26/05/12 12:06, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Sat, 26 May 2012 11:55:54 +0200
3 > Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 11:53 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o>
6 >> wrote:
7 >>> We're planning on splitting some basic 'python' eclass out of it.
8 >>> Just someone needs to do that, or I'll when I'll have more time and
9 >>> a good plan.
10 >>
11 >> Who's we?
12 >
13 > People who talked about it on #gentoo-python a while ago.
14
15 For future: if such "decision" is being made care to let rest of the team know?
16 Some people have jobs, families and don't have time to hang out on IRC whole day.
19 >>> We don't support '--newuse' in Gentoo. People who do that are on
20 >>> their own. We have enough problems to care about in our workflow.
21 >>
22 >> Again, who's we?
23 >
24 > Gentoo devs. Mostly base-system ones who add IUSE=static-libs
25 > on a daily basis.
28 Krzysztof Pawlik <nelchael at gentoo.org> key id: 0xF6A80E46
29 desktop-misc, java, vim, kernel, python, apache...