From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Marien Zwart <marienz@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-python <gentoo-python@l.g.o>, Gentoo Python Project <python@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] Re: python-any-r1 and MERGE_TYPE
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 11:16:35
1 Dnia 2013-10-11, o godz. 20:04:57
2 Marien Zwart <marienz@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 10:05 AM, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
5 > > On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 4:04 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
6 > >> Therefore, I think it would be beneficial to add the MERGE_TYPE check
7 > >> inside pkg_setup. In case someone needs Python during binary package
8 > >> install, we can (likely in the future):
9 > >>
10 > >> 1. add a variable to disable the MERGE_TYPE check,
11 > >>
12 > >> 2. add a new function that does the actual Python setup and make
13 > >> the default pkg_setup() a common-case wrapper for it.
14 > >>
15 > >> What are your thoughts?
16 > >
17 > > #2 sounds like a solid plan.
18 >
19 > Sounds good to me.
20
21 I have added the MERGE_TYPE check then. I think we can
22 add the dedicated function when someone actually needs it.
25 Best regards,
26 Michał Górny