From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: Sjujsckij Nikolaj <sterkrig@×××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-python@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] Bug 375257: python and >=linux-3 don't play well
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 09:10:38
1 On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 21:38, Sjujsckij Nikolaj <sterkrig@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 >  But when Linux 3.x goes stable, stable Python versions suddenly became
3 > "broken".
4
5 Well, only versions of Python built *after* you start using the new kernel.
6
7 > I don't think it's reasonable to have Python 2.4-2.6 in Portage tree
8 > keyworded stable (and therefore considered to be supported) and know for
9 > sure that it's just a matter of time when somebody have to recompile it and
10 > boom! half of Python modules stop working. I daresay these cases should be
11 > handled too.
12
13 Well, I wouldn't say half of Python modules, but I agree that we
14 should probably revbump the others, too.
15
16 Cheers,
17
18 Dirkjan