From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-python@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] python-distutils.eclass vs. python.eclass + distutils.eclass
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 23:18:41
1 On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 2:31 PM, Krzysztof Pawlik <nelchael@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 26/05/12 12:06, Michał Górny wrote:
3 >> On Sat, 26 May 2012 11:55:54 +0200
4 >> Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o> wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 11:53 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o>
7 >>> wrote:
8 >>>> We're planning on splitting some basic 'python' eclass out of it.
9 >>>> Just someone needs to do that, or I'll when I'll have more time and
10 >>>> a good plan.
11 >>>
12 >>> Who's we?
13 >>
14 >> People who talked about it on #gentoo-python a while ago.
15 >
16 > For future: if such "decision" is being made care to let rest of the team know?
17 > Some people have jobs, families and don't have time to hang out on IRC whole day.
20 In IRC, I mentioned that we needed a generic python utility eclass
21 that respected PYTHON_TARGETS for ebuilds not based on distutils, and
22 Michał agreed. I then joked that he had just volunteered himself to
23 write it. That is the extent of this monumental "decision".
24
25 I don't announce every single thought I have on the mailing list.
26 There's no back room dealing going on here, I just happened to express
27 an idle thought around the water cooler.