From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
Cc: Kacper Kowalik <xarthisius@g.o>, gentoo-python@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] [RFC] Creating Python project overlay
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 16:15:17
1 On Wed, 16 May 2012 14:29:49 +0200
2 Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 2:26 PM, Kacper Kowalik
5 > <xarthisius@g.o> wrote:
6 > > I'd like to propose that we create and maintain overlay for Python
7 > > project. As I envision it, it would mostly oriented towards the
8 > > users (read new developers). We could encourage people to push new
9 > > version bumps there, keep packages not-yet-ready for tree
10 > > (alphas,betas,rc) etc.
11 >
12 > Can you say something about what/how this would make things better
13 > (either for users/almost-developer holdouts or for us)?
14
15 Ability to use anything-else-than-CVS? :P
18 Best regards,
19 Michał Górny