From: Patrice Clement <monsieurp@g.o>
To: Rafael Goncalves Martins <rafaelmartins@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-python <gentoo-python@l.g.o>, Gentoo Python Project <python@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] Re: The future of parallel phases?
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 23:50:28
1 Hi there,
2
3 Just want to chim in as someone who would like to contribute and help out with
4 Python packages.
5
6 I was looking through the python.eclass file earlier on and brought up this
7 "issue" on IRC: the eclass is over 3000 SLOC. This eclass looks like a massive
8 maze to me and I wouldn't know where to begin, if I were to fix an ebuild
9 calling on it. It'd make sense to halve the size and trim the complexity down
10 so that newcomers / wanna-be contributors can make sense of the API.
11
12 monsieurp
13