From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
Cc: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>, gentoo-python@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-python] [python-r1] Getter functions or 'export' function?
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 01:58:58
1 On 23 October 2012 02:10, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 5:16 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3 >> What are your thoughts?
6 > I think creating sub-shells in sections which are not processed in
7 > global scope is really not a big deal.
8 >
9 > I think the getter functions are more intuitive. However, I also like
10 > the idea of setting variables at the same time, similar to the way
11 > this is handled in _tc-getPROG. The result is stored in a variable and
12 > also echoed, leaving it up to the end user to decide how he wants to
13 > process it.
14 >
15 > So, I vote for getters that emulate the toolchain-funcs behavior.
18 +1
21 Cheers,
22
23 Ben | yngwin
24 Gentoo developer
25 Gentoo Qt project lead, Gentoo Wiki admin