From: Alex Brandt <alunduil@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-python@l.g.o, python@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-python] Re: The future of parallel phases?
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 22:54:42
1 On Saturday, November 22, 2014 23:06:29 Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Hello, Python team and other nice people.
3 >
4 > I'd like to discuss the topic of parallel runs again. While it
5 sounded
6 > like a good idea at first, I have my doubts now. I'll try to
7 shortly
8 > describe the implementation, then recollect the advantages
9 > and disadvantages of it.
10 >
11 > What are your thoughts?
12
13 Based on your excellent set of points (dropped for length) I'd
14 vote for dropping the parallel phases and making things work as
15 expected rather than faster.
16
17 Regards,
20 Alex Brandt
21 Cloud Evangelist for Rackspace and Developer for Gentoo
22 http://blog.alunduil.com